Fallon & Byrne is THE shop for special food in Dublin. A lot of delicatessen can be found there.
Specialities to get thereEdit
In general Fallon & Byrne will have everything that tastes nice and is expensive. E.g.
- Good fruit selection, both local and exotic including star fruit, passion fruit, fresh figs etc.
- Good exotic vegetable selection including artichokes, asparagus etc. It's the only place known to sell smoked garlic.
- Some local vegetables, such as salad etc.
- Their tomato selection and their potato selection is quite nice (e.g. purple potatoes).
- Good selection of sauces, even green Tabasco or Chipotle Tabasco.
- Some nice chocolate, even one sugar free chocolate.
- Selection of nice jam.
- Fresh herbs, both in pots and cut.
- Great selection of cheese (e.g. Raclette cheese).
- Meat and sausages (e.g. Parma ham off the junk)
- gluten free food like one or two kinds of gluten free bread, afaik also one shelf dedicated for gluten free stuff.
- Own coffee corner with a selection of cakes.
- Restaurant on top.
- Wine cellar underneath which serves food as well.
Fallon & Byrne is located in Exchequer Street (off South Great Georges Street, parallel to Dame Street) in the City Centre, map here. Their opening hours for the food hall are Mon-Fri 8am-9pm, Sat 9am-9pm, Sun 11am-7pm. Restaurant and wine cellar times here.
Their website can be found here.